Civil Wedding

Civil Wedding

If you choose a civil wedding, you should know that in Greece in the past civil weddings were only taking place in the city hall or other state-owned building. Today, apart from the city hall we can organize your wedding to any place you can imagine, ideal places for your photographs! If you have specific requests about the place you wish your wedding to take place don’t hesitate to contact us. We will do our best to make your dream come true!

Even if the wedding is not possible to be carried out in the specific location, we can have the typical ceremony in the city hall and a symbolic one wherever you want. Civil weddings are carried out by the mayor or someone authorized by the mayor. The ceremony lasts 15 minutes. The mayor renounces you husband and wife and gives you the wedding certificate.

Necessary documents for a Civil Wedding:

  • Passport or other travel documents (of both)
  • Certified copy of the birth certificate (of both)
  • Certificate of No Impediment, (of both)
    Please consider that the Certificates of No Impediment are issued at your local providers after a 15-days warning and are valid for a 3-month period only.
  • Final decree of divorce (if valid), in case one of the applicants have previously divorced.
  • Death certificate (if valid), in case one of the applicants is a widower.
  • Adoption certificate (if valid), if one of the applicants is adopted.
  • Πιστοποιητικό υιοθεσίας (Εάν ισχύει).Σε περίπτωση που ένα ή και τα δύο μέρη έχουν υιοθετηθεί.

Note: All of the documents (except for your travel documents) need to be proven of their originality by the “Apostille” stamp and be sent to us 6 weeks before the wedding.